The Dirty Half Dozen

The Dirty Half Dozen

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Where's my boy?

This is why I should not be left home alone with my children. I tend to experiment. I think to myself, "I wonder what Asher would look like with short, spiky hair." I know I like him with longer, shaggier hair. Paul and I have agreed on this and yet somehow I'm still curious. I should know better. This same curiosity is what got us into the bang fiasco of 2007. We are still growing Claire's out and Emma's are just barely evened out. Yet, I still ask myself, "What would he look like?" A few minutes and snips later and all his long, flaxen locks are gone and my child is not recognizable. Still cute, but not recognizable. It took my next door neighbor 30 minutes to realize who he was at nursery today.  He will not be getting another haircut for quite some time now. Now he looks like a big boy and I do not want a big boy. I just want my baby boy back.


4 comments:

The Rocking Radmalls said...

I, for one, enjoy the new 'do. He looks so handsome! I know what you mean, though. Have you seen my Dutch boy?

The Lough Family said...

I think he looks cute!

Bowen Family said...

Oh my Cutie! Jenny you did a good job. I think he looks adorable. But with my boys short hair I could be prejudice. Your pictures are great. Sounds like your summer is going well. We miss you!

Jessica said...

I love the new hair cut! He looks so cute. Your kids are dang cute and I love reading your blog. It sounds like you guys have been enjoying the summer. Talk to you later.