The Dirty Half Dozen

The Dirty Half Dozen

Monday, September 15, 2008

Mirror, Mirror on the wall...

who is the sweetest seven-year-old of all? Well, Claire of course. Claire has always been such a sweet, thoughtful child, but I never thought she'd grow up. Has it really been seven years? I guess it has-as manifested my her embarkment into snaggle-tooth-dom. This is the beginning of what we tenderly call the awkward years in our home. Abbey is in full swing, but Claire is only beginning. This is so sad for me. I really thought they'd all be toddlers forever. We really have enjoyed Claire, though. She is always thinking of others and is so sweet and caring to everyone she meets. She loves babies and told me once that she wanted ten of them. I'm sure she'll change her mind after one. Anyway, the only things she asked for were a robe and a reading pillow. Check, check. And she wanted a makeover party. And check.

Birthday morning with a vanity for her American girl doll.
The long awaited robe.
The reading pillow and other loot.
All done up for her party. She wanted a mirror cake since they were doing makeovers. This was my best interpretation.
Making pizzas at the party.
I wonder what she wished for.
We had so much fun at her party! We made flower hair clips, rag flip flops and did the girls hair and nails. A great big thank you to my sister-in-law CC and my friend Shelley who made it possible to do all the previously mentioned activities. I couldn't have done it without you!  

8 comments:

runningfan said...

What an adorable cake! We have an almost-seven-year-old snaggletooth at our house, too. So sad!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! That is such an awesome idea and a GREAT cake! You did fabulous!!!

Carebear said...

I wish my "awkward years" had been so kind! She is beautiful - as are all of your children - but I know what you mean about the awkward years - ugh! That was not fun!

The Rocking Radmalls said...

I enjoyed this so much! You throw great parties. Claire (and all the Reynolds's for that matter) is awesome! I don't think any of your kids has hit an awkward moment, let alone stage. They are all gorgeous! I wish my awkward years had been so graceful!

Jessica said...

What a fun birthday party!! You have an awesome talent for cake making. That is the cutest idea ever! I am glad that you had some help with the party. I'm sure that made it a lot easier a tons more fun for you! Too cute!

Natalie said...

I SERIOUSLY need you to give me some cake-decorating tips! You make the most adorable cakes!!!

Ward's Corner said...

You always make the cutest cake. I can't believe Claire is 7 already. She's so beautiful...

Anonymous said...

Such a cute party and Claire is so gorgeous (as are all your girls). Can you come to Boise and put on a party for my daughter? She's turning 8 on the 16th and parties really are not my greatest talent. I'm only 5 hours away.