The Dirty Half Dozen

The Dirty Half Dozen

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

June's Little Birthday Girl


Am I a chipmunk, a rabbit? Who knows. I just know I'm cute. Thanks dad for the big teeth and small mouth. I love them and unfortunately you will pay for them dearly in the not so distant future.
Emma has had her Jungle Jim's birthday party planned since she turned four. A little carny and ghetto, I know, but she was so EXCITED! How do you say no to that. Plus our house is in no way ready to host a birthday party. Maybe next year.

Rees and Jack enjoying their rubbery pizza-just a notch above Chuck-E-Cheese, but a notch nonetheless.
Emma and her friend Hannah, from preschool. Hannah declared that she did not like roller coasters and then spent the entire party riding it with Claire. There's nothing like a little peer pressure.
My favorite shot of cousin Grace- this girly loves gum!
An attempt at modeling the birthday gear.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think there are lions in the jungle, however, I thought these were so cute and what do five year olds care anyway?
Lovely dimple shot. Don't you just want to eat her up?
Back to rodent mouth with cousin Catherine.
Birthday girl and neighborhood friends Zack, Ella and Aleah.  
Grace, Maya and Catherine and I think that's all the birthday guests. Emma's siblings were also there, but somehow didn't make it into many of the pictures.
To say we were shocked and surprised at learning we were pregnant for the third time in 4 years would be an understatement, but to try and describe the joy and blessings Emma has brought to our family would be impossible. She is so sensitive, loving and caring to those around her. Her sisters love her dearly and she is her brothers best friend. He has to be with her constantly. She is a delight to her parents and a great friend to everyone. 
She does have two conflicting personality traits that are very interesting. She is incredibly shy and just as equally competitive. She has to be the best at everything. She is starting to come out of her shell, thanks to preschool, but we are trying to tactfully teach her how not to be boastful. One day her friend was riding home from preschool with us and Emma looked at her friends drawing and declared, "I totally draw better than that." We had a long conversation about things we say out loud and thoughts we keep to ourselves. Now she'll say things like, "Isn't that weird that I am younger than my sisters and can shoot the basketball way better than them?" or "Isn't that weird that I'm the fastest runner?" Ya, Emma, real "weird".  
Our little "Lulu" as we affectionately call her has never been a conformist. In a house full of girls, blue and brown, not pink or purple, remain her favorite colors. She has never liked princesses and asked for fighting dinosaurs for Christmas last year-which she got. When she plays house with her siblings or friends she is always the male dog and up until a few months ago, she was very perplexed as to why she was born a girl and not a boy. She finally stopped pestering us with that question and has come to realize not all girls have to be "girly" although lately she has really enjoyed when I do her hair curly on Sundays and she actually asks to play with the girls in the neighborhood instead of just the boys. Before, she would actually cry if I suggested that we call a girl over to play.
So Emma, we love you and are so glad you are part of our family.

3 comments:

DeSpain Domain said...

The dimple shot is so cute. She is a beautiful little girl. What a fun birthday!

Cecilotta said...

Awww, cutest birthday photos ever. You're going to be beating the boys off with stick in a few years, with those three.

Natalie said...

She's adorable! I totally know how you must have felt with the 3 pregnancies in 4 years thing. I'm finally starting to feel like my body is mine again! It's a good thing the kids are worth it!!!