The Dirty Half Dozen

The Dirty Half Dozen

Friday, June 20, 2008

Everything is better with a friend

So it should come as no surprise to anyone that I love to have friends visit. I have a tendency to talk a lot (all of my teachers would comment on that at parent teacher conferences) and I really enjoy adult conversations since they are so few and far between. Now that we have moved back to the hometown, I get to see my friends more often-but never often enough. We also have very dear friends scattered all over the country that we LOVE to see when we get the chance. Earlier in June our friends, the Bartles were visiting briefly while moving and we got to catch up with Heidi and her darling boys for an afternoon of park fun. The kids loved Rock Canyon park and loved playing with the boys. Heidi and Garry are our friends from our Wymount days and it's so fun to have kept in touch with them. Unfortunately, my camera didn't make it into the car with us that morning, so I have no visual documentation of that event and I'm not tech-savvy enough to know how to link to her blog. Sigh. But it was fun nonetheless.
The next week we our friends the Robisons and the Hagerdon's (friends we met in Cincinnati)  were visiting after the mother figures in each family were brave enough to hit the  road in Tornado season with six kids in tow. We are so glad they did, because we had so much fun with them for a few days. Aliess and Nicole were able to do a session at the Salt Lake Temple while the kids hung out with us. I'll admit I was curious as to what I'd do with ten kids, no basement and no yard, but the kids were great and had so much fun together. We took them to the Dinosaur museum and of course the camera stayed at home again, so I'll need to get pictures from Aliess. That was very fun as always and the next day we went to Temple Square. Probably not a recommended activity for any children under five, but still fun to spend time together. We toured a couple of the buildings and then spent our life savings on lunch at the Lion House. Sadly our basement was not done it time to host our visitors, but it will be done this coming Wednesday, so if anyone is in town, you are more than welcome to stay. I can't guarantee mints on the pillows, but the sheets will be clean.
Elizabeth passed out after we completely wore her out.
I remembered to bring the camera to Temple Square, but the batteries died after a few pictures I took of just my kids, so I need to get those pictures from Aliess as well.



Claire and Elizabeth playing on Barbie.com. Thanks Barbie for being such a wonderful babysitter.
Asher playing dinosaurs with Kurt. Asher adored Kurt and held his hand everywhere we went.
Cody and Reid trying to figure out the karaoke machine.
Abbey, Emma and Lexi playing petshops.
Hannah playing Guitar Hero.
Thanks again to all our dear friends to make the effort to see us. We love you!!!!

3 comments:

runningfan said...

It was so fun seeing you! Here's the link: http://bartlebulletin.blogspot.com/2008/06/who-what-when-where-and-y-mountain.html

runningfan said...

Um, that didn't work, apparently because the darn title of the post is forever long.

http://bartlebulletin.blogspot.com
June 3 post. In case anyone cares! :)

Kim said...

All those kids have changes so much - even in a year. What a treat to see them. It looks like you all had a great time. There really was something so great about the Western Hills Ward.