It was so nice Sunday morning to have all the fun, candy, chocolate, basket stuff behind us(although the chocolate lingered all week long.) Anyway the girls got to wear their new dresses and dressy sandals and I curled their hair(a rarity for 9 am church) and Asher got to wear his new outfit as well. We went to our Midvale ward one last time because I am the primary pianist and had been practicing with the kids for the Easter program and the newly appointed primary president was very nervous about it, so I told her I'd be there. It was a nice program and it was really good to be able to say goodbye to everyone. Many people didn't know we were moving because it all happened so fast. We were also able to come home and have a little down time before the festivities began.
All the kiddios
All the kiddiosOn Saturday, I did all the prep for Sunday's dinner and Asher's cake. The cake took 4 hours! My younger brothers were over to play the wii, so I put them to work. Jared was on potato duty and Josh volunteered to cut out Wiggles characters for the Big Red Car. I was hesitant to let him help on such an important project, but gave in after he gave his best word to do an awesome job. He didn't dissapoint. He got a box cutter and cutting board and cut around every cowlick in the hair, wrinkles in shirts and air space around fingers. Wow! An hour and a half later and we were ready for the finishing touches. I thought Asher would be thrilled, but somehow he was freaked out! Oh, the potatoes turned out pretty good too! Thanks Jared.
This is not a happy face-he is screaming!
He did mellow out enough by Sunday to sit and cheese it up by the infamous cake.
Paul wanted to get Asher a drivable car for his big day. I did not. We compromised on the mini-quad.
He loved opening his presents and being the center of attention. He got lots of cars (a current obsession), books-which are also another love and the Bee Movie (another obsession-fortunately we all find this one amusing).
This is not a happy face-he is screaming!
He did mellow out enough by Sunday to sit and cheese it up by the infamous cake.
Paul wanted to get Asher a drivable car for his big day. I did not. We compromised on the mini-quad.
He loved opening his presents and being the center of attention. He got lots of cars (a current obsession), books-which are also another love and the Bee Movie (another obsession-fortunately we all find this one amusing).
4 comments:
I can't believe those cakes you make!! Can you be hired out?? Kristen
I think you should do a slide show of all the cakes you've made for your kids.
The kids look great in their Easter outfits.
I just cracked up with him screaming by his cake! I can't wait to see that one added to the list of birthday cake photos.
Abbey and Asher seem to have quite a bit in common... Wasn't it Abbey that cried when getting frosting on her fingers? That was funny. Loved the cake!
Post a Comment