This last week has been an incredibly busy one. My poor son spent most of the week watching t.v. with this lovely display of bedhead while I worked on making every room in the house look like the next picture. The one day that I took Emma and Asher to the park, I ended up getting in a tiff with a very immature girl/woman over whether or not she should be smoking on the playground. Yikes! As my friend Shelley so kindly pointed out, I probably won't encounter that scenario in Highland. One point for the "pros" list for moving to Highland.
Every room in the house has turned into this.
Claire had her turn to go to a "get your hair and nails done" birthday party this week. It was also a dress up party, but unfortunately her dress-ups were all packed so she borrowed this one from her friend, Annie.
Claire's hair all done up-beautiful.
Abbey's class made about 15 quilts for the Roadhouse Shelter and had a quilt open house. She is standing by the quilt she worked on.
Disclaimer: I am not a fan of sleepovers! (although that was one of my favorite childhood past times) That being said Claire's friends' mom needed me to keep Annie overnight and since she is such a delightful child and she and Claire play so well together, I consented. This did not bode well to Abbey who also wanted a friend over. I figured I should probably just get it over and done with in one night, so I said yes. I figured since we are moving and they won't be seeing their friends as much it couldn't hurt. So Claire and Annie were kind enough to invite Emma to sleep in the basement with them so she wouldn't feel left out and Abbey and Laurel slept upstairs. I finally got them into bed around ten although some didn't go to sleep until eleven. Note: my girls usually go to bed at eight and get up at eight. They were up at six a.m. on a Saturday!!! This is what warrants my first disclaimer. Nobody gets enough sleep and I get to deal with bears the next day. Or in this case, Shelley got to deal with bears the next day. (Thanks again, Shell) On a side note, the girls really did have fun and don't we all need a little fun now and then?
Claire, Annie and their dolls and matching p.j.'s (thanks to Annie's mom- the seamstress)

Every room in the house has turned into this.
Claire had her turn to go to a "get your hair and nails done" birthday party this week. It was also a dress up party, but unfortunately her dress-ups were all packed so she borrowed this one from her friend, Annie.
Claire's hair all done up-beautiful.
Abbey's class made about 15 quilts for the Roadhouse Shelter and had a quilt open house. She is standing by the quilt she worked on.
Disclaimer: I am not a fan of sleepovers! (although that was one of my favorite childhood past times) That being said Claire's friends' mom needed me to keep Annie overnight and since she is such a delightful child and she and Claire play so well together, I consented. This did not bode well to Abbey who also wanted a friend over. I figured I should probably just get it over and done with in one night, so I said yes. I figured since we are moving and they won't be seeing their friends as much it couldn't hurt. So Claire and Annie were kind enough to invite Emma to sleep in the basement with them so she wouldn't feel left out and Abbey and Laurel slept upstairs. I finally got them into bed around ten although some didn't go to sleep until eleven. Note: my girls usually go to bed at eight and get up at eight. They were up at six a.m. on a Saturday!!! This is what warrants my first disclaimer. Nobody gets enough sleep and I get to deal with bears the next day. Or in this case, Shelley got to deal with bears the next day. (Thanks again, Shell) On a side note, the girls really did have fun and don't we all need a little fun now and then?
Claire, Annie and their dolls and matching p.j.'s (thanks to Annie's mom- the seamstress)
1 comment:
they really were fun that day, and not the bears you describe. Cute pics.
Post a Comment