The Dirty Half Dozen

The Dirty Half Dozen

Monday, March 24, 2008

Crazy Times

It's been awhile since my last post. You can only imagine what I have been doing. A big thanks to my dad and brothers for making our move possible and to Emma and Asher for being so entertained by bubble wrap. Also, another shout out to Shelley for watching Emma and Asher the entire day Friday-what a life saver that was. We loaded the truck up on Thursday the 13th, closed on the house the morning of the 14th and moved that entire day. Paul, being spurred by the desire to only rent a truck for 24 hours worked feverishly to finish the job. He would literally go to any length to save even a dollar. I know, I know, I should be grateful. Anyway, we had all of our stuff in our new home by that evening. Whew! My mom and sister-in-law, Julia helped me (pretty much did it all) get the kitchen in order. That is always the biggest chore as those of you who have moved may know.

We spent that weekend and the next week getting settled and shuttling girls back to school in Midvale. Their last day was Wednesday, the 19th when Jordan school district went on spring break. Alpine school district doesn't have spring break until April so I sent them right to their new school on Thursday. They were a little nervous and I was a lot nervous. I took them to meet their teachers and classes and then I just left them. When I picked them up, I asked them if this new school would be better than their last school(s) and Abbey replied, "No, (long pause) WAY better!" I was so relieved. They had both made friends and loved their teachers and were so excited about the move in general.
There will be many things we will have to adjust to though. We came from a ward with 20 kids on a really good day in primary to a ward of 190 kids on any average Sunday. It was a little bit of a shock, but again, the kids were thrilled. I was not sure how I felt about moving back to the city I grew up in, but I very soon realized this is not the city I grew up in. It has grown so much, while still maintaining the small town feel. This I love! I love the wide open spaces, the pastures of horses we drive past daily and the deer on the way to school. The only alarming thing about the deer is that while we have many deer prints in our dirt that one day will be a yard, with those deer prints are some BIG cat prints. We only hope our sweet little bunny will be safe in her cage until we get a fence in. One other thing I love about our new house is the view out the front window. I also love sitting in the family room at night and looking out the back window and seeing nothing but night sky filled with stars. Ahhh!

4 comments:

Vigoren Family said...

Wow, what a process! I can't imagine a ward with so many kids! We only have 40 kids in the entire primary down here and I thought that was HUGE! Yes, as I go back and visit my old house I realize that Highland isn't quite the same Highland. Is the rope swing still there? What about the Hollow? Good luck with your continued adjustment.

Kt said...

Wow, that process was pretty quick and painless. I hope you love it. I'm jelous of your views!

katik said...

Welcome, welcome! I'm so excited to have you closer. We have to get Grace and Emma together--another girl who loves to play with the boys!

runningfan said...

I'm glad you got your happy ending!