The Dirty Half Dozen

The Dirty Half Dozen

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

What really went on...

While I was relaxing in warmer than northern Utah, St. George, and by relaxing I mean eating out every meal, shopping, catching a movie and then mocking the Miss America pageant, this is what went on at home. 

All the Christmas lights came down from the house.
Hoses and boxes were finally brought into the garage.
Every random pile in the house was sorted and organized. 
Children were bathed.
Hair was combed.
All five Reynolds made it to church before it started, this rarely happens when I am home. 

Sharing time was a success, or so I hear. 
A primary lesson was taught after that.
Home teaching was done.
Dinner was waiting when I got home.

Did I mention the house was spotless?

I'm not sure where the children were at all times, but all were accounted for and injury free when I arrived home, so I'm not going to ask any questions.

It just doesn't get any better than this!

9 comments:

Brittany H said...

You are so Loved!

Anonymous said...

I don't have any $ to pay him but I cook great meals if he wants to fly out here and I will leave and let him do that at our house. I will take Thom though with me ok!LOL

That is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO awesome and totally sensitive,loving and all those other cheezy words! Lucky girl! :-)

Thom isn't half bad himself though too. I don't want you to get the impression that he isn't!

Again, good for you to get "away"!

k8shoe said...

That is amazing! Can he teach classes at church to the other husbands? Maybe like a Enrichment Night for Men?

Stephanie said...

I agree with Katie, more men need to learn how to send their wives away for the weekend only to return to what you did. Glad you had fun, but now I'm jealous!

Brooke said...

Isn't it awesome when our husbands surprise us with their skills. That sounds like a pretty neat guy.

by Kimberlee St. Clair said...

Wow! That is incredibly impressive. How fun! I'm glad you blog...I just can't get enough of catching up with friends...

chicmod said...

I'm putting my bet on Asher. And from your previous post, I'm guessing he did all that with heels on :) What a man!

Carebear said...

Wow! You are a lucky woman! I don't think I could convince my husband to let me leave, let alone expect my children to be alive AND my house to be in order when I got home. He's got some great qualities, but that's not one of them. Hope you had fun - I'm sure coming home like that makes it even better!

Natalie said...

ARE YOU SERIOUS? No such luck at my house. The sink was full of dishes, there were 2 more baskets of laundry than when I left (all still to be folded), the playroom was a disaster, and bathrooms had not even been given a once-over. I think my husband played Playstation with the boys all weekend!