Here's a funny little story for your reading pleasure. Paul the professor is a morning guy. Not that he can't sleep in on the weekends, but he has the ability to pop out of bed in the morning(with a little nudging) and get going early. 5 am early. I only get up that early if there is a sick kid or baby to be fed, otherwise, I don't like to see the sun for a couple more hours. He uses his phone as his alarm and puts in on silent so it vibrates and when I hear it, I nudge him ever so gently, and he's up. Well, he also gets emails on his phone with the same vibrate mode. One morning last week his phone buzzed and he was off and running. Around 5 or so, Asher got up and wanted to "snuddle" in our bed, so I went and got him and realized Paul was long gone. Strange, but I was too tired to think about it. I called him later to ask him what happened and he realized after he was up and ready and at work already that he had received an email at 3:30 in the morning and had mistook it for his alarm. It was a long day!
On a more noteworthy note, I think it is safe to say that Asher is officially potty-trained. After a few distractions this summer, I got him back on track when the girls were back in school. He has been pee pee trained for quite a few months, but would rather hold his other number for days until we had to give him suppositories to remedy the situation. It finally clicked and we knew we were in the clear when he said he had to "go poo poo" when we were out to eat the other night. To use a public toilet for that is huge for him. Now he is as regular as any two year old should be and I will enjoy these next few months before the baby comes.
Speaking of babies, this one is a live wire. I thought I was feeling flutters around 14 weeks, but wasn't sure for a few days until it was repeated for days on end around the same time each night. It's always fun to feel those first movements, but sadly, they quickly turn in to nausea inducing episodes later on. I'll enjoy the flutters while I can.
No comments:
Post a Comment