The Dirty Half Dozen

The Dirty Half Dozen

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

A Ruby

We've seen it, we've heard it and I can't suck it in anymore, so here's the currently youngest child in our family telling it like it is.
Yes, his parents have officially crossed to line to insanity. They can barely keep up with the four they have already brought into the world and yet it's true-and planned-for that matter. 
I am desperately hoping for a ruby birthstone and with an end of July due date, it's hopefully a slam dunk. Hopefully this child will be more accommodating than it's older brother who decided to show up in March even though I had specifically said I wanted April and even had an April due date. 
Just for the record, we are very excited! Well, most of us anyway. Asher wore this shirt on Christmas morning and we told the girls we had one last present for them, but they would have to wait until July to get it. We then had to explain it to them and Abbey replied, "I don't want that kind of present!" She's getting it whether she wants it or not.
Oh, and I think Ruby is a delightful name for a girl if I could just get more people on board besides Claire. Maybe she and I will just call it Ruby anyway.

17 comments:

Bowen Family said...

Wow!!! That is so exciting! Congratulations. Are you feeling okay? P.S. I love your hair.

Carebear said...

CONGRATS! That's awesome - and it may just be the mormon in me, but I don't even think you're crazy - we plan to join you some day (not too soon) That's wonderful news and I'm excited and happy for you!

runningfan said...

Hey, congrats! What fun! I hope you get your ruby -- girl or not!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I thought you guys were done! You are a brave woman. Congrats!

Emma said...

congratulations! Are you trying to catch Paula? J/K. Exciting times.

Stephanie said...

Yea, your finally telling people. Even though Emma told us weeks ago! We are so happy so you and hope your feeling better!

Brooke said...

I hear you on the " sucking it in!" My baby is due the first part of Aug. and we just told everyone last week. I was so tired of just looking like a chubby woman, hey, there is a purpose to this bulge :) It seems like the more we have, the sooner the bulge comes. :) Congratulations, how blessed this baby is to come into such a great, loving family.
PS don't listen to everyone saying what! another one! Your allowed to have as many as you want!! That's the whole beauty of having a family.

Scarcy Family said...

Congrats! I hope you love having 5 for me it's felt like having 50. We're excited for you.

Brittany H said...

Yeah! I knew after our little visit this summer it was just a matter of time before the big news! I LOVE the name Ruby. My friend Shelley has a little girl who is Charli's age, and her name is Ruby June and she is sooo cute! I can't remember when Maz is having hers? I'm guessing that she is only a few months ahead of you? Well, Congrats!!!

k8shoe said...

Congrats! That is so exciting! It took me a good 30 seconds looking at the "hint" before I figured it out. I'm a little tired this morning but I was thinking the GEM you were sharing was something funny that Asher said. Duh me. Ruby would be a darling name!

gantrieb said...

that is so exciting! what a great addition to your family. i have a july birthday boy and I LOVE it. with one in jan and one in october, outside parties are not very fun, july is just a great month all around. good luck. congrats!

DeSpain Domain said...

Congrats! We are so happy for you. How are you feeling?

Vigoren Family said...

Congratulations! I don't know how you do it, but it's a good thing! Hope the pregnancy is smooth!

Kim said...

Yeah! Congratulations! We are really happy for you guys.

Sandy said...

Congratulations!!!!
So fun that your little one will be close in age to Chris and CC's! Yay for all of you!

The Lough Family said...

Congratulations!!!How are you doing? We are excited for you, just sad that you're so far away!

Rachel Young said...

YAY! that is so exciting!!!!