The Dirty Half Dozen

The Dirty Half Dozen

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

A house of drama and musicality

When I gave birth to daughter after daughter after daughter, I was worried about the level of drama that was to fill the perimeter of my house. And really, daughter #2 has never failed to provide us with ample amounts, but what I didn't count on was the amount of drama to come from boy #1. I am not talking about drama as in tantrums and tears, but theatrical drama.

He is very sensitive, has an extremely vivid imagination and is always in character, although the character changes almost daily. He started preschool this year and is also taking a music class taught by my neighbor. He loves both of these activities, but wakes up every day wondering if it is Thursday(music class day).
One of the songs on his cd for the class is do re mi. I, of course, am delighted. My all time favorite movie is hands down, The Sound of Music. So on Sunday, after 13 years of marriage and five kids, I decided my family needed to see this classic. And no, the professor had never seen it before. Sacrilege, really.
Anyway, the consensus was unanimous, instant favorite! Asher was later overheard singing "I am seventeen, going on eleventeen." I love him! Today after school, he asked me if he could see that show with the singing children and beautiful mountains again. He watched it all afternoon. Mark my words, he is going to be the singer of the family.

Until he makes it big, enjoy these pictures of his first day of preschool.
Doing his school walk. Apparently when kids go to school, they must do a certain walk.
And pose with robot hands.
He didn't want to do a frontal shot. He wanted his backpack in the photo as well. I haven't had such a poser since Claire. Maybe they will be the next Donny and Marie. Heaven help us!
My next project is to dig into the archives and find my pictures from Salzburg and the Sound of Music tour. I'm pretty sure my sister and I did a fabulous Liesl and Rolf interpretation at the gazebo. Somewhere in my youth or childhood, I must have done something good. :)

4 comments:

Brittany H said...

Love the post!

Brooke said...

That little face just melts me. He is indeed a charmer. What a cute little guy ;)

Sandy said...

I LOVE 'The Sound of Music' too! When it first came out (yes, I am THAT old) our ward in HB drove to LA to see it and the youngest girl was there. She was up on the stage and said hello to everyone. I guess I will always remember that because I still do! ;)

by Kimberlee St. Clair said...

So glad that your husband is behind i his musicals...mine hadn't seen The Wizard of Oz until the night before we went to see Wicked (and I MADE him watch it...) And I LOVE drama and music...and little boys who know just how to charm their mommas!