The Dirty Half Dozen

The Dirty Half Dozen

Thursday, May 8, 2008

Spring Break: Dead animals, more dead animals and even a live one

During the rest of the week, we met up with friends at the dinosaur museum at Thanksgiving Point where Asher sped through the exhibits like a racehorse and when he got to the shark at the end, I couldn't get him out of the room. He was on his "best" behavior and had many a melt down before he kept wandering off and getting lost and we had to call it a day. Fortunately the girls all had fun even if I didn't get to visit with my girlfriends as much as would have liked. I guess that's why we need to schedule a girls night instead of a play day with sixteen kids if we want to get any visiting done. Still so much fun though. I have the best friends.  We went to Cabela's on another day with a friend from Emma's preschool and her mom and sister and looked at their aquarium of live fish and several taxidermy heaven displays. The girls all loved it, but Asher was just intent on finding a mouse. When we couldn't find a mouse we told him the smallest chipmunk we could find was a mouse and he was okay with that. I have never been to Cabela's before and was very impressed. They had awesome fudge, a great cafeteria and the kids really enjoyed the target practice upstairs. 

The only thing Abbey asked to do for her break was to go visit Aunt Julia and Uncle Mike in Loa. Since we had no activities on Friday and it was Mike's early day out, Paul took the day off and we headed south and spent the day together. We had so much fun hanging out, flying kites and playing with their neighbors' baby goat.  We went to this great little ma and pa cafe and had the best pickle pie and pinto bean pie. Yes, pickles and pinto beans, not together, but in pies nonetheless. Highly recommended and definitely worth repeating.

Claire and Asher flying a kite

Emma flying her kite
Playing with "Amanda" the goat
 I decided to give Asher a trim myself and although he still gets awesome bed head, it's a bit Dorothy Hamill-ish. We'll work on it. 

1 comment:

Kt said...

I love the journaling of the bed head! It's great!