The Dirty Half Dozen

The Dirty Half Dozen

Sunday, April 13, 2008

A Hard Knocked Life


The girls have loved the show, "Annie", for quite some time now (Asher even knows all the songs) and Paul and I said we would take them to it if it ever came in town. We were so excited when we found out it was coming to Kingsbury Hall. Paul so generously got tickets for all of us even though it pretty much blew our movie budget for the year and we all went on Sat. the 12th. It was so much fun! We have both versions (crude Carol Burnett, and not so crude Kathy Bates) of the movies and we are all in agreement that we like the new version(Kathy Bates) better, so we were hoping it would be more like that version. We were quite surprised that there were parts in it that weren't in either movie, but it was excellent! It better have been for the amount of money we spent on it. The girls were very well behaved and we left Asher home with a babysitter so we could enjoy ourselves. Speaking of the babysitter, I can't describe how nice it was to call our neighbor girl and have her just walk across the street on time and then just walk home when we got home. I could really get used to this.  As much as we love our little guy, it was really fun to spend time with just the girls. They loved it so much! They saw that "Wicked" is coming next year and they want to go to that now. We'll see.

Claire getting "Annie's" autograph after the show
Claire and Emma with "Annie" after the show. Abbey wouldn't get in the picture.

6 comments:

chicmod said...

I could totally see Claire playing Annie in a school play.

The Rocking Radmalls said...

It's funny that your sister mentioned that....I was going to post an identical comment. I'm sure they were all in heaven, as I would have been, too! P.S. Carol was crass, wasn't she! Used to bug me as a kid.

Kt said...

FUN!!!! I wanted to take the boys to that while it was here, but wasn't able to. Sounds like such a fun time.

gantrieb said...

What a fun day! Kellen thinks that having to sit to do anything fun is actually torture. When I even mention going to the movies-he starts whining. One day we'll have a fun night with girls and leave the boys at home! Your girls are so CUTE!

Anonymous said...

So fun! Heck, I would have loved to see this! I can't wait until Jess and this lil girl is older and we can go on "girl" dates together! Glad you all had a great time!

heather said...

That looks like you had so much fun. Very smart getting a babysitter. We end up taking turn chasing Kristen wherever we go with the boys.