The Dirty Half Dozen

The Dirty Half Dozen

Monday, December 27, 2010

The day after the day after...

I went to Tai Pan to get a pencil thin 12' green tree with white lights. While we have loved our current Christmas tree and we still think it is a beautiful, realistic looking tree, it's 7' are just not tall enough for the vaulted ceilings in our family room. I decided to hit the after Christmas sales to find our perfect new tree. I knew exactly what I wanted and was going to go right in and then right back out. Instead, 1 hour later I headed home with this...















10' of not so thin, flocked, colorful Christmas cheer. I promptly set it up to show the professor(who sets UP a Christmas tree two days after)? I am so excited!!! It's nothing I thought I would ever have chosen and yet I'm already counting down to next year.

Close up
Pre-lit with white lights and a few of the bigger, more colorful lights in place-I didn't want to put all of them on. I just wanted to get the general idea.
Flocked so no matter the weather outside, it will always be a white Christmas inside.
No, I don't want to hear your comments on how messy a flocked tree is. I already figured that out while putting it up and then taking it down. I don't care, it's still magical!

1 comment:

Cecilotta said...

I love it! We keep thinking about getting an new tree but, our 5-footer is pretty much the only size that will fit ;)