We went to the Candlelight Christmas at the This is the Place Monument on the 23rd. Bad choice. It was the last night it was open before Christmas and it was crowded. Last year, it was freezing. I think next year we'll do the zoo lights. The kids did have fun though.
 |
| Asher with the reindeer |
 |
| The girls with the reindeer |
 |
| Everyone with "Father Christmas" |
 |
| Blending in with the carolers |
 |
Eli and the professor waiting for the train after warming up with hot chocolate.
Our train made it about 3/4 the way around before the engine gave out and we had to walk to rest of the way. It must have been all that extra hot chocolate. Or maybe my extra baby weight.
Awkward moment of the night...I ran into an ex boyfriend who took a few moments to recognize me. I realize five kids have done a number on me, but really, unrecognizable? Needless to say, I have a few resolutions to work on this year. Also, the girls asked me later who I was talking to and I told them, and they replied, "well, that's weird." Is it? Is it so weird that I had a life before them. Interests, hobbies and *gasp* boyfriends? Maybe I should incorporate that into more of our conversations...maybe not. The professor is still a tad touchy about one bf in particular. Good thing it wasn't the one we ran into. Oh, on a side note, if you ever tell the professor you ran into someone, he will ask you if it hurt. I guess that's what his students mean by "he has a weird sense of humor" on their class reviews. And don't ever mention that you are flying anywhere or that you're going to run to the store. |
No comments:
Post a Comment