sign me up!
So I have a tendency to be a bit of an emotional person. I try really hard to keep the emotions in check, but I'll admit I cried during Toy Story 3, when my babies' umbilical cords fell off, when I took this little one home from the hospital and for about two weeks straight after that. The thought of him being my last child tears me up inside. I have loved this phase of my life. I really don't want to be done with it. So when Paul was cleaning out the storage room today and made a pile of baby stuff to take to the DI, I lost it. I don't want to be pregnant again and I do look forward to a time when family vacations don't revolve around nap time, but there is nothing better than the sweet spirit a baby brings into our home.
And this kid is full of sweet spirit. He is absolutely the best baby we have ever had! He sleeps like a champ, is so cuddly and readily gives kisses to anyone who will receive them. He is smart and funny and so stinking cute that even after a year, the newness and novelty of him still hasn't worn off. The kids all still fight me hold him, get him up from his naps and play with him.
Yes, it's been a year. So hard to believe that he's been here that long and yet it feels like we've never been without him.
My absolute favorite thing is the smell of his room first thing in the morning. It radiates him and all his sweetness...well, unless he has stinky pants :)
I just hope that he will remain my bed headed, binky toting baby for a bit longer.
If you look really closely, you will see five, yes five binkies in bed with him.
Happy last day of your first year little buddy! I will probably cry myself to sleep tonight and then throw you a big old party tomorrow!
I promise I will take each and every item of baby gear to the DI though...right after he graduates from high school :)
8 comments:
I love this post. It is so hard to see them grow up so fast. I was looking at a picture yesterday of Skye with your girls and your turtle when she was about 18 months old and I remember that day like it was yesterday. It really makes your heart ache.
That was beautifully written....and made me get tears in my eyes....he is such an adorable kid - and I so so wish that time would slow down a bit so we could linger in the moment a little longer. Thanks for sharing!
This was such a perfect post of how I feel about my 5th, except for the binkies and bed head....Can I just copy and paste it into my blog??? No really though, it is so sad to not have any other babies, I love them too, but it is so exciting to actually raise the kids now and enjoy quality time with them, since, as you know, it goes WAY too fast!
I love this post too! My womb aches just reading it! No....seriously! I would like to not be done.....we'll see. Happy Birth Day to both of you! It goes way to fast hugh!! Ok.....now off to snuggle with my 2 yr old...oh let's just make it a family bed night!LOL It is wonderful to see your children grow up but it does make you miss the little years!
Ahhh, so cute. I can't believe these little boys are having birthdays. Wish I was there to give him a smoosh.
Jen that was well said and I totally agree. I don't want to be pregnant again, and I really don't want to raise another kid, but I do miss having a baby in the house. My youngest just turned 4 and I can't stand the thought of not having a baby or toddler anymore. You're such a sweet Mom. Your kids are so lucky to have you. Snuggle that baby to death and soak it all up.
Amen sista! Like all the other comments, i LOVED hearing your thoughts. I think we all feel that way about our last. It is so hard to see them grow, although it is exciting to look toward the next phase in our life, vacations without diaperbags and nap times ;)
Thanks for sharing this, I too want to cut and paste this to my blog... my thoughts exactly, even down to the room filled with the smell of sweetness in the morning. Thank heaven for babies! They are the most wonderful thing that we could ever have!!!
Great post Jenny. You summed up all my exact feelings on having my last baby. I cracked up about the 5 binkies because that is exactly how Lydia goes to bed. I thought I was the only one who did that.
Post a Comment