The Dirty Half Dozen

The Dirty Half Dozen

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Procrastination

Behind the scenes of "The Making of a Holiday Card" 

This was my desperate, last minute attempt to pull together a Christmas card on the last Sunday before Christmas.
It was apparent that the group shot wasn't the way to go this year. Claire was decent, but Emma has the "I've been at church for three hours already and I just want to get in from the cold" look, Abbey is forcing a smile in a major way and Asher just desperately wants his car to be in the picture too. After promises of candy and Sunday appropriate movie time, we tried individual shots.
I don't need candy that bad...
Well, maybe I do.
Miss dimples knows what I like.
Claire baring all her awkward tooth glory.
You get one shot mom and this is as good as it gets.  Okay, I'll take it.
After cropping them, changing them to sepia and sticking them on a Costco photo card, they didn't turn out too shabby. Too bad I lost half my addresses in our computer transfer, so I still have some to send out, but it might be a little too late now. Next year I might have to start in November.

5 comments:

runningfan said...

We loved your Christmas card!

Brittany H said...

Your last minute efforts went unnoticed because frankly your Christmas cards are always so cute, this year was no exception,it takes little to trim a rose. Your kids are just too cute!

Cecilotta said...

I wish mine had turned out that cute! Grace does *not* sit still for pictures (well, she really doesn't sit still at all) and Catherine is mistress of the cheesy count-my-teeth grin.

Sandy said...

Your card was beautiful! We loved it! I didn't send any out this Christmas, but will next... so please don't take our name off your list!
It's fun to see your family and how you are doing! Thanks for the cute blog!

k8shoe said...

Good job on the picture taking. Cute card! Even cuter kids!