Okay, so technically we are moving south, but we feel like we are moving up because it's a newer house and nicer neighborhood. We heard back from the bank and they accepted our offer contingent on us putting down 5,000 dollars earnest money instead of 1,000. Our only concern with that is if the sale of our house falls through, we are out 5,000 dollars. The inspection of our house is tomorrow and if the buyers are happy and agree to the report then we don't see a chance that it would fall through, but you never know. So far we feel really good about the house, and if it's where we are supposed to be we feel like everything will work out. So far, we got an almost full price offer on our house after only a week, found an awesome deal (thanks to my cousin Ryan) on a house we are really excited about and the timing seems to be perfect. That's the part that makes me nervous, things usually don't work out so perfectly for us. There were five or six other offers on the house, so we were really perplexed as to what kind of an offer to put in, so we would get the house, but not over pay. Paul prayed about it (about as much as you can in the one day we had to make the decision) and kept coming up with a certain number. I thought it was kind of an odd number, but we went with it and it turns out we only outbid the next person by 1,500 dollars. So if all goes according to plan we should be in our new home in Highland in a few weeks. We are very excited but trying not to get over excited because things can still fall through at this stage. This is the picture my cousin sent to us. It's not the best picture, but I'll get some better ones the next time I'm down there.
So just as a funny side note, my cousin called Saturday and said there was a house we needed to see. Paul was not the least bit interested because the yard and basement were not finished, but I insisted we at least go look. So after I literally drove him down there, we walked through the house and after five minutes Paul said, "yeah, sure, we'll make an offer." The rest is as previously documented. Just thought it was comical.
3 comments:
Yeah! I am so excited for you to be closer.
How exciting Jenny! Congratulations. I have to admit, I sure don't miss that snow.
Wow! You're heading back to your roots! That house is gorgeous and the snow is beautiful, too. Good luck with the move. What a nice way to de-clutter every few years!
Post a Comment