The Dirty Half Dozen

The Dirty Half Dozen

Monday, June 7, 2010

Adventures in independence

Eli is turning into a do-it-myself kind of kid. Well, at least when it comes to feeding time. He tries so persistently to feed himself with the spoon and it just doesn't work for him all the time. so he resorts to finger feeding. His left hand is the hand of choice. I'm beginning to wonder if we have a 3rd lefty on our hands. Claire and Asher are also lefties. Neither Paul or I are left handed. Weird. Or maybe not.
Eli refuses baby oatmeal. Just like Emma, he has to have the real stuff. His all time favorite is the baked oatmeal version from my friend Kim. You can find it here. It is the last recipe on that page. I hope she doesn't mind me sharing it. I usually double the recipe, but leave the amounts for the butter and sugar the same. We love it with raspberries or strawberries and even bananas. Eli just eats it plain. If I have leftovers, Emma eats it for every meal until it's gone.


No comments: