The Dirty Half Dozen

The Dirty Half Dozen

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Birthday Boy or "Bay" as he would say

Prepare yourself for picture overload. And this isn't even the half of it! My little man turned four yesterday and I am still in awe of how fast those years went by. I have loved every minute with him. He is so sweet and cuddly and all boy. This year he added all things Toy Story and Indiana Jones to his staple favorites of dinosaurs and sharks. His new favorites are best in lego form. To say he is addicted to Lego Indiana Jones on the wii would be an understatement.
He still survives on chocolate milk and refuses to even try an egg. He also loves powdered doughnuts and Pez. He is by far the pickiest eater we have.
His favorite movies are of course Toy Story and the Indiana Jones sagas(preferably Raiders of the Lost Ark and "the one that gives me nightmares"-Temple of Doom).
He loves Tom and Jerry, Scooby Doo and Dinosaur Train.
His favorite colors are green and blue and his favorite sister is Emma.
He simply adores his baby brother and cannot get enough of him.
And last, but not least, he still really loves his Mommy!

Daddy was already gone when he got up for the day, so I let him open his present from uncle Chris and aunt CC to tied him over. He was absolutely thrilled. He has started a lego obsession that is not likely to end anytime soon.
Loves, loves, loves his brother Eli and wants to have all things matching when possible. This includes hairstyles. Good thing Eli's hair growth is on par with Asher's.
I got tired of him asking how much longer until Daddy was home, so I broke down and took him and his friend Jack to McDonald's. These two play so well together and are two of the cutest boys ever!
Eli enjoyed his first McDonald's experience and he didn't even have to eat any of the food.
Paul, who loathes spending money on anything extra was so sweet to get this wrapping paper for his special boy.
Can't wait to begin the unwrapping.
Getting too big.
Thrilled to see it was Indiana Jones underneath the paper.
Trying out his scooter "that doesn't fall down".
Grandma and Grandpa Monson got him a soft Woody and Buzz with coordinating blankets. He was thrilled!
Eli took a few moments to look adoringly at Grandpa.
Although it doesn't look like it, this was my most time consuming cake yet and it didn't disappoint. He exclaimed. "It's so tool(cool)!"
He wanted to eat the boots. Paul thinks he's funny.
I love this boy so much and just can't get enough of him. I really don't see how I'm ever going to send him to preschool next year.
With all his loot.
So tired after such a wonderful day.

8 comments:

Cecilotta said...

The cake is seriously cool. And I love the matching hair!

Brooke said...

What a cute little boy. I can see why you love him.
I must also say, that little Eli is so delicious! His big blue eyes and chubby cheeks are adorable!!
Good to see some pictures of what is going on over there :)

The Lough Family said...

So cute, and I LOVE the cake. You cease to amaze me.

katik said...

Jen, I know I've told you a million times but your children are gorgeous. THat picture of you with the birthday boy is so sweet! And the one with your two boys together--darling. And the cake is amazing.

Mandee said...

Happy Birthday Asher- what a fun day! Thanks for letting Jack in on the fun ... I should have fixed his hair ... which reminds me, did he leave his hat at your house or McD's? Hoping it's at your house! And you do have gorgeous kids!

Bowen Family said...

Wow, how the time flies. Asher is adorable. You and Paul have the cutest kids ever!!!! You are going to have your hands full with boys after your girls and girls and your cute boys. I'm so glad to hear that Asher's food consumption sounds much like Lukes; I've resorted to buying the Costco wieght loss shakes for Luke to get some descent nutrition. Happy Birthday Asher!

Carebear said...

So cute!!! Happy Birthday Asher! I love the cake!

Anonymous said...

Jen, Your boys are as darling as your girls! They look so much alike too. You are such a cute Mom too. Love the last picture of Asher in bed with his new toys. He looks so happy. Don't you hate to see them grow up??