Little mister E spent his first few hours eating, sleeping and being held and inspected by his adoring family. But mostly he ate, which means just his mom got to adore him. Hours well spent!
Abbey has never been one to ooh and awe over babies. We used to have to bribe her with candy to get pictures with each additional sibling. Time has not changed things much I'm afraid. Her first comment as she came into my room was, "I wanted a girl...are there vending machines here?" She did, however, find him very cute.
Claire and Emma were intrigued by his tiny-ness, but mostly by his umbilical cord, which was still kind of long at this point and what they termed, "squishy."
Asher was the first one through the door and demanded, "Where is my baby? I want to hold my baby." He climbed right up and assumed his big brotherly duties. Such a proud moment for him.
Shortly after birth, Paul logged into my facebook account and updated my status. Heaven forbid he actually log into his account once in a while.
Finally feeling like I could hold and love and be so excited about the new addition-still nameless at this point. Well worth the pain(and the extra rolls under my chin!)
4 comments:
Congrats again. Emma's observation is priceless! My boys still aren't sure what to think of their sister' utter lack of a pee pee.
That would be "sister's"...
Wow, what a great moment for your whole family! I'm so happy for you. Hope you are recovering quickly, Jenny! (HsinYi)
Such cute pictures. That was always one of my favorite things, when the kids would come to see the baby the first time. With our last one, we didn't tell the kids what it was, so we made each one of the look at the baby and guess what it was...it was so funny! That's funny about Abbey...Elena wanted a girl too, but I couldn't imagine her loving anyone more than she loves Ryan, she's a second little mother to him. He just might grow on her after all. good luck!
Post a Comment