The Dirty Half Dozen

The Dirty Half Dozen

Friday, July 3, 2009

Cowabunga!


We took the kids to Cowabunga Bay water park in Draper and had a blast-especially since we had a surprise visit from uncle Josh this morning. Yeah! for surprises from North Carolina. It's going to be a fun weekend. Jared will be coming tomorrow and now all we need are Chris and co. and Sis. Is that too much to ask? Okay, CC you're off the hook for now. Just have that baby soon.  

Fun things about Cowabunga Bay:
It is on the smaller end of water parks. The girls and boys said the rides were still fun-I was not riding slides for obvious reasons. I took Asher to the zero entry pool and splashed around with him and then did the lazy river.
The atmosphere was fun and colorful and not too crowded except the lazy river where people pushed and shoved and teenagers were very obnoxious.
The food wasn't outrageously expensive.
The family restroom had a tiny potty that Asher wants for his "birfday."
They offer a four hour pass which was nice because it's not exactly an all day park.
It was easy to keep track of kids because of the smaller area of the park.

Drawbacks:
Entrance was a bit pricey for the amount of things we were able to do. I had to pay full price to be a spectator.
Like I mentioned before, the lazy river was very crowded and people pushed and shoved and kicked.

The pros far outweigh the cons which in our family means it is an activity worth repeating. We definitely had fun! And I definitely forgot my camera Argh!

Yes I did don a bathing suit in my current state and no it wasn't pretty-maybe it was okay that I forgot the camera. I did make many observations, though.
I was not the most pregnant woman there or if I was, I wasn't the biggest one. 
There are only a few people that should be allowed to wear bikinis. VERY few!
If a body part jiggles when you walk, do your best to cover it up. This is specifically aimed at those who chose to wear their bikini even though the belly was hanging over and jiggling with every step. 
I got quite a few looks-probably all warranted. Nobody wants to see someone that pregnant at a water park. I'm sure all the lifeguards were thinking "Please don't let her water break in the pool!"
I didn't mean to sit and pick everyone apart. I just really like to people watch and I saw a lot of interesting items today-including a shot of myself in the mirror :)

2 comments:

Bowen Family said...

That sounds like a fun place! I bet that felt good to get in the water while your pregnant. I remember those long hot summers being prego. Good luck! Keep us posted on when the baby comes.

Stephanie said...

we did one day at Cowabunga not to long ago as well. I will agree with you on the pricey part. It cost a $100 for us to do the 4 hour day. But the kids really liked it so it was still a winner in my books!