The Dirty Half Dozen

The Dirty Half Dozen

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Conversations with a two year old...

I needed to run some errands yesterday morning and of course Eli accompanied me. This was our conversation all the way to Hobby Lobby. 
Eli: "Momma, I wanna go Disneyand(yes I purposefully left out the l because he doesn't say it)."
Me: "We can't go to Disneyland today, sorry buddy."
Eli: "Momma, I NEED go Disneyand. I go Buzz first. I give Mickey Mouse five five(high five). I go pirates and sing ho ho, ho ho, pirates, yife, me."
Me: "I'm sorry Eli, we can't go there today."
Repeat sequence about 10 times until we pull into the Hobby Lobby parking lot.
He looks up and asks if it is Disneyand. I tell him it isn't. I park and start to get him out of his carseat. He then told me, "I can't go in dere." I asked him why and he replied, "Caus, it's not Disneyand." I don't blame him. I wish I could take him everyday. It was pure magic with a two year old. Every character we encountered loved him, but then again, he is pretty cute! I certainly can't resist his sweet face!
 Paul mocked me for going all the way to Ireland and then buying Eli a shirt at the Disney Store in Dublin, but seriously, he needed it. What's better than a green Mickey Mouse shirt on the cutest boy ever?


 His encounter with Minnie Mouse was especially endearing...



I may have dropped off the face of the blogging earth this last year and I have missed recording all the funny things that happen and all the great conversations that I get to be a part of with these kids. Like yesterday when Asher was going through his valentines after school and asked me if a brown skinned person could fall in love with a white skinned person. To which I replied, "Of course." He then asked me if they could get married. I again told him, "Of course." Then he said, "Hmm..." I asked him if he liked Lulani(a darker hued girl in his class) and he adamantly said, "NO!" Huh...   These next few months will be devoted to playing catch up. I really need to gets the kids books put together and printed...wish me luck!

1 comment:

by Kimberlee St. Clair said...

I love this. I am DYING to take Norah to Disneyland. And what an AMAZINGLY cute outfit! You have darling kids...Thanks for sharing!