The Dirty Half Dozen

The Dirty Half Dozen

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Long time coming

This has been a daily scene in our home just before bath time for months now. Since February to be exact. I did not want to deal with a potty trained toddler in D.C. though and decided to wait until after our trip to get serious about it. After our trip, however, I was hoping he would lose interest because it really is not my favorite thing to potty train in the summer when there are too many distractions(outdoors, extra kids all day, etc.)
So he continued to pee in the potty before bath time and was content with that until today. I was getting him dressed this morning and after I took his diaper off, he ran to the bathroom, put the seat on the toilet and went pee pee all by himself. So we went to Target and picked out Buzz and BeeBee(Woody), Mickey Mouse and other assorted big boy pants. He was so excited, he opened the package in the store and promptly put them on his head. After nap time, we put them on the correct way and went for it. He was awesome! So far today, unders:3 and potty:6. Not bad for a first timer who is still 2 months away from being 2.

2 comments:

DeSpain Domain said...

That is incredible, way to go buddy.

by Kimberlee St. Clair said...

I love it! Boys are WAY easier than girls...I don't care what people say. And isn't it great when they just up and decide to do it on their own? My Malachi was just like that and it was shockingly sweet! Congrats...(the downfall...your baby is growing up....okay, I'll stop because that just makes me sad...)