has taken 30 ish years and five kids to finally emerge. I have been a mother for 11 1/2 years, a wife for 13 1/2 and I have just now begun to really enjoy doing projects. I have always loved to sew, but with school, moving, working and incubating a bunch of tiny human beings in between all of that, I have never had time to do anything creative. Now with five children, it seems like an odd time to pick up a hobby, but it is what it is.
My home is severely lacking in design and decorating. I know what I want, but I have very little time to shop for it and when I do find time, I am so picky because I already have in my mind what I want, that I very rarely find it. This will be a very long process.
I need to start one room at a time. This month I worked on Emma's room. She needed a dresser and end table. The professor found some at various furniture stores and begged me to "just pick one." But it wasn't exactly what I wanted for her.
Then I found these little beauties on KSL and I knew they could be what I wanted. I forgot to take a true before picture and only realized that when I was already halfway through painting. You get the idea.
Nightstand sans inner shelf and door.
The dresser receiving its' first coat of paint, a nice chocolate brown.
I then purchased plain wood knobs, gave them a couple of coats of paint in the same brown and then mod podged these darling little dogs that I printed off the internet and cut out. I love how they turned out!
But most importantly, so does Emma.
The finished products in their new home.
We need a few things on her walls and we should probably do something about getting an animal other than a cat to sleep on the dog lover's bed:)
Next stop, Abbey's room.
6 comments:
I love how that turned out! So, so cute. What are you doing for Abbey's?
Very fun! Go Jenny!
I LOVE Mod Podge. I've used it for several school projects, decorations and even a Pinewood Derby car. The dresser and nightstand look fabulous, and the dogs are too cute!
So Fun! I love crafty!
Very nice. I love what you did with the knobs. I can't wait for the next room, and the next ;)
That looks so cool. I would have never thought about doing that--I love crafts but am not creative I have to just copy what I find on the internet. Can't wait to see what you come up with next.
Post a Comment